What is MDA d Awards
2014 will be the launch of the first MDA d Awards. This will be the first digital awards presentation organized and launched by the MDA. With the exponential growth of the digital advertising scene in Malaysia, MDA hopes to spearhead and celebrate the progress with a yearly awards event that will showcase the best work and benchmark the progress of the industry.
Purpose of the MDA d awards is:
- To celebrate all the best digital work created in Malaysia
- Give recognition to fresh ideas and creativity that pushes the boundaries while setting new standards for others to follow
- Grow the industry’s capabilities and connectivity
- Increase visibility for MDA members
Digital advertising is a key activity within the total marketing mix today. So much communication, interactions and transactions take place online, in real time, that it’s crucial for all organisations to invest and leverage on the platform to stay ahead and accelerate their own growth.
The Malaysian Digital Association (MDA) was formed in December 2009 to unify the digital advertising and marketing industry in Malaysia, also acting as its watchdog. With the meteoric rise of the country’s digital scene, a group of local industry players, namely online publishers and digital service providers, realised the need for a more unified, standardised and efficient standard of operation.
Whether it’s creating a common standard for gathering and viewing statistics, spreading information or sharing resources, the MDA was created to provide greater focus and leadership for the industry as a whole. The MDA further evaluates and recommends best practices, as well as educates marketers, agencies, media companies and the wider business community about the indispensability of digital advertising in today’s business landscape, thereby raising its profile and credibility.
As the backbone of this dynamic industry, the MDA is wholly dedicated to the acceleration and growth of Malaysia’s digital advertising scene.
As the eyes, ears and voice of the digital advertising and marketing industry in Malaysia, the Malaysian Digital Association (MDA) lives and breathes the following objectives:
- Educate advertisers & agencies on the value of digital advertising
- Establish a Professional Code of Conduct
- Strengthen the credibility of the medium
- Grow the local pool of knowledge-based & skilled professionals
- Build forum for discussion & industry relations
- Provide research information on trends in digital media & marketing
- Set, promote and enforce standardized creative & research (measurement/tracking) guidelines